The government has continued its pledge to provide Sports Premium Funding to schools for the next academic year. The money must be used to improve the provision of PE and school sport to enable high quality, sustainable provision and greater participation by children.
PE and school sport play a very important part in the life of Notley Green Primary School. We believe that PE and school sport contribute to the holistic development of our children and through participation, our children build and learn more about our core values. We are therefore delighted to be able to use the approximate £10,000 sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways:
- continue to develop a specialist Sports Coach to deliver high quality PE & Sports lessons during curriculum time and coordinate competitive sport within and across schools.
- provide quality assured professional development opportunities for teachers enabling quality teaching and learning for all children through a training partnership with a specialist PE Consultant, including devising ways to assess and measure the achievement of children in PE and developing high quality planning for PE that encourages continuous activity throughout PE sessions and the development of progressive skills
- continue to subscribe to the local sports ‘hub’ and district sporting leagues to enable more children to take part in inter-school sporting activities
- provide focused team activities at lunchtime through the provision of a Sport Assistant and training of MDA’s to facilitate additional activity based play
- provide a ‘Bike Ability’ cycling proficiency training course for year 6
- continue to develop and provide a wide range of extra -curricular sport activities
- hold a Healthy Living Week including inviting local sports providers in to demonstrate a variety of sports to encourage participation beyond school hours and select potential new sports/activities to introduce to the curriculum
- provide training for sports assistant and lead MDA to deliver ‘play leader’ training to year 5 and 6 children
Our overall aim is to raise standards in PE and school sport increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
Sports Coach – Lindsey Cowell
Sports Assistant – Carene Heckroodt
Subject Leaders – Jade Bowman