Aims Values & Ethos
Notley Green Primary School is aspirational in its vision to provide an excellent education for all its pupils – summed up by our strapline: “Aiming High; Changing Lives”
We believe our values are the foundations on which learning takes place, a sense of community is promoted and children develop as a whole person. Our values are promoted in the everyday life of the school. They are also reflected on regularly in assemblies. Each half term we focus on one value in particular.
Everything we do is underpinned by a set of core values that are as follows:
The Core Values also link to our continued focus on ‘growth mindset’ – a positive ‘can do’ attitude that demonstrates self-belief, determination and a love of challenge. We seek to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that enables children to develop the knowledge, skills and attributes to live effective and responsible lives as global citizens in the 21st Century.
As the lead school for the CHANGE Schools Partnership we also subscribe to a set of principles that make our values as an organisation more specific:
- We will keep our children safe, secure and cared for;
- We will aim to provide first-rate teaching in all lessons and strive for excellence in everything that we do;
- We will ensure that high standards in English and Mathematics are at the heart of a broad and exciting curriculum;
- We will value children’s creativity and individuality, and listen attentively to their views, opinions and feelings;
- We will support children’s holistic development and work hard to overcome barriers and build their self-belief and self-confidence;
- We will ensure that children leave primary education ready, willing and able to successfully take the next step in their learning and the next step in their lives.